BS Medical Imaging Technology (MIT) 4-Years Degree Program
Medical Imaging Technology (MIT) is a four years degree program being offered at SCPAHS. It prepares a cadre of healthcare technologists who can effectively assist health professionals in the delivery of quality health care services. MIT professionals would render their services in the field of diagnostic radiology. It introduces and imparts standard technical education with new modern techniques, within the fields of medical imaging technology to replace the conventional methods of diagnostic imaging.
WHY AT SCPAHS?
The College of Pharmacy & Allied Health Sciences & Sheikh Zeid Hospital – RYK has contributed greatly to the country’s catalogue of Applied Healthcare Education. BS MIT at SCPAHS will greatly help to strengthen the radiological techniques of the students. It has nourished not only the education sector where leading scholars are provided to various public and private sector universities and medical colleges in Pakistan but also will deliver expert medical imaging technologists to the developing healthcare industry with high standards of skilled and holistic approach. Our faculty holds impressive credentials from leading international universities and includes acclaimed experts and scholars with significant publications to their credit, and continue to advance within their respective research interests.
Medical Imaging Technologist has the ability to work directly with the patient and the physician in performing a wide variety of diagnostic imaging procedures. It is a multi-dimensional field that is not only confined to conventional imaging techniques but with the advancement in technology. In the realm of diagnostic medical imaging, clinicians can now manipulate the images to gain greater insights and information from the data. The purpose is to produce graduates that are proficient in the knowledge of advanced radio-graphic techniques. Radio-graphic Technologists are employed in hospitals, clinics, and various imaging centers.
The graduates of the program may pursue their career as radiation therapy department, cancer hospitals, lab owner, nuclear medicine field, medical research labs & journals, medical equipment making and services industry, bio-medical engineering firms, nuclear research laboratories.
- Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) with Pre-Medical or equivalent with 50% marks
- SCPAHS recognized/valid aptitude test (NAT / MDCAT).
Documents to be submitted:
A candidate, who is eligible for admission, must submit attested copies of the following documents:
- SSC or equivalent foreign qualification certificate (Two copies).
- HSSC or an equivalent foreign qualification certificate (Two copies).
- SSC Result Card (Two copies)
- HSSC Result Card (Two copies)
- CNIC/Form B of the candidate (Two copies).
- CNIC of Father/Spouse/Guardian (one copy).
- Eight Recent Passport Size color Photographs.
- Photocopy of Domicile.
- It does not include the final year project, examination fees, and any traveling fees.
- All documents / transcripts will be checked at the time of admission.
- Any incorrect/false information submitted by the applicant or any attempt to hide information will lead to disqualification of the candidate.