The Department of Electrical Engineering began its journey in November 2009 and has made big strides in its brief span of existence. The first 6 batch have passed out. Currently, 4 sessions of B.Sc. Electrical Engineering are studying in the program. The department is affiliated with The Islamia University of Bahawalpur and accredited by PEC.
The Department of Electrical Engineering currently offers an undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering with specialization in Power. University College of Engineering & Technology of The Islamia University of Bahawalpur designed Curriculum is followed by the department that have a broad range of Electrical Engineering (Power) courses, both elementary and advanced, spanning the whole gamut of disciplines including areas such as Electronics, Electrical machines, Power Engineering, Control Systems, Computer systems, Communication systems and High Voltage with well-equipped laboratories for practical.
Department of Electrical Engineering program is producing graduates who can engage in the professional practice of Electrical Engineering or a related professional discipline. These graduates have been meeting the growing need of competent and well trained Electrical Engineers in the country, both in public and private sector.
To become leader of Electrical Engineering in the region of south Punjab and adjoining areas of Sindh, Baluchistan and KPK through high quality of education and research following standards of The Islamia University of Bahawalpur producing creative and entrepreneurial graduates meeting industrial demands and needs of society of this region.
Our aim is to prepare graduate Electrical Engineers equipped with information, knowledge, skills and wisdom to undertake engineering and management tasks fulfilling needs of society with utmost ability, honesty and prudence.
Program Education Objectives (PEOs)
The formulation of PEOs for B.Sc. Electrical Engineering program was based on the Vision, Mission of the institute. The PEOs were designed to address the requirements and expectation of various stakeholders. The PEOs are organized in such a way so that PLOs can be mapped according to the College vision, mission, and employers’ requirements. The PEOs described the expected accomplishments of graduates after four years graduation. The achievement of PEOs will directly ensure the achievement of the vision and mission of the College and the Faculty as well as the requirements of stakeholders.
At the completion of four years B.Sc. Electrical Engineering Degree Program, graduates will be able to:
- Apply the knowledge to solve analytical and practical engineering problems.
- Work for continuous socio-technical development of the society.
- Exhibit strong communication, and managerial skills as team leaders as well as team members.
- To become tomorrow’s technology leaders as well as well-rounded and contributing members of the society.
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Program learning outcomes (PLOs) are the narrow statements that describe what students are expected to know and be able to do by the time of graduation. These relate to the knowledge, skills and attitude that the students acquire while progressing through the program (GAs). The program must demonstrate that by the time of graduation the students have attained the following graduate attributes.
- Engineering Knowledge: Graduates of the program will be able to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex Electrical Engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: Graduates of the program will be skilled in identifying, formulating, researching literature, and analyzing complex Electrical Engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
- Design/Development of Solutions: Graduates of the program will be capable of designing solutions for complex Electrical Engineering problems and design systems, components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Investigation: Graduates of the program will be prepared to investigate complex Electrical Engineering problems in a methodical way including literature survey, design and conduct of experiments, analysis and interpretation of experimental data, and synthesis of information to derive valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage: Graduates of the program will be capable of creating, selecting and applying appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modeling, to complex Electrical Engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society: Graduates of the program will be proficient in applying reasoning informed by contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional Electrical Engineering practice and solution to complex Electrical Engineering problems.
- Environment and Sustainability: Graduates of the program will be capable of understanding the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Graduates of the program will be prepared to apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of Electrical engineering practice.
- Individual and Team Work: Graduates of the program will be able to work effectively, as an individual or in a team, on multifaceted and /or multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Graduates of the program will be capable of communicating effectively, orally as well as in writing, on complex Electrical engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management: Graduates of the program will be able to demonstrate management skills and apply engineering principles to one’s own work, as a member and/or leader in a team, to manage projects in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Lifelong Learning: Graduates of the program will be capable of recognizing importance of, and pursuing lifelong learning in the broader context of innovation and technological developments.
Mapping of PEOs to PLOs/Graduate Attributes